Friday, November 15, 2013

I'll Go Where The Lord Wants Me To Go

Or one and a half year for me. ;)

Hola!


FAQ to a young man or woman like me who is preparing to serve on a mission is "Where do you want to go?", I would probably answer right away that "I wanna go to Chile" (because SOMEONE I know is serving there ) or "I wanna go to Hogwarts (if there's one because I love Harry Potter that much). But if I would be given a chance to choose and pick one, I have a prompt realization on serving my fellow Asians. Why would I choose to serve the Orientals? Why not in the U.S.? Or Europe? Or Canada?

Being a Filipino is not a coincidence. As we all know, Philippines is the only Christian nation among Asia. Leaders told us (in a multi-stake YSA Conference) that Filipino 'rising generations' are the hope of our neighboring countries.I wanna help them obtain the truth that they are seeking.


I may not have Mormon great grandparents but I wanna be the pioneer of my clan and in the generations to come. But honestly, I'll go wherever the Lord wants me to go. This is not my mission nor yours, it's the Lord's. It doesn't matter where will you go, what matters most is how you serve. There are two greatest commandments, which is to "Love God with all thy heart, might, mind and strength" and to "love thy neighbor as thy self". King Benjamin taught us that "if ye are in the service of your fellowmen, ye are in the service of your God." I am going to serve on the Lord's mission because of my expression for Christ's atonement. I love my Father in Heaven and I want to help Him on His errand, which is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of men". So, choosing to serve is like hitting two birds with one stone. Oh, I know it's probably more than that!


I can not wait to open up my own mission call!

It will be the best eighteen months for sure!

I am grateful for the missionary work. Without this "noble work" I have not found the truthfulness of the gospel. I have not known that the Lord still speaks to His chosen servant, the prophet, today. I have not known that there was a fine young man named Joseph Smith who had seen Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and who served as instrument for the restoration of the gospel and the translation of The Book of Mormon which is the another testament that testifies of Christ. I can not express of how grateful I am through words for my heart is overwhelming with happiness for the truth that my family and I have known. This is my testimony of which I bear in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment