Thursday, June 19, 2014

Happy World Cup...I mean, Father's Day! ♥

16 June 2014
~

Last Mother's day, I hugged so many Mums.
I wish I can hug a Dad here.
Anyways, I love you, Pa! ♥♥♥


Dear Family and Friends,

How's your prayer been going this past week? :)


Last week was so awesome! We are having so much fun and success in this blessed land of Kettering! :)

For the first time in my life, I've had the opportunity to work with an Asian companion. Don't get me wrong, I do love Sister Ferrell but it was so amazing to spend a day here in Kettering with Sister Stewart (from Hong Kong), one of our Sister Training Leaders (STL). We've had Asian craziness before we went to bed that day. haha.

Sister Ferrell and I set a goal of 10 new investigators last week. It was a challenging goal because the Standard of Excellence is 4. We just want to stretch and work so hard. Around 19:45 last night, we have 9 people so far. We went finding around the town centre which wasn't a good idea because the town's dead at that time aside from drunk people around the pubs. Kettering is a small town. (Don't worry, the ward is massive though. They have 500+ members and 300+ attendance every week.) We were so determined to find one so we prayed in the corner asking Heavenly Father to help us. Literally few steps away from the area, we met Sandra, talked to her, had a posh lesson for twenty minutes and tada, she's so golden! We are going to see her again this week!
We've had goose bumps after that knowing how much Heavenly Father loves us and knows exactly what we need. I know, just like what President Eyring said,  "Heavenly Father sends prepared people to His prepared servants".
I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve Him as a full-time missionary!


I am so excited for those of you who are preparing to serve as a full-time missionary as well. I can't wait for you to encounter loads of spiritual experiences!


Thank you for your letters, guys! And shout out to my best friend, Meg for sending me tons of letters every week. Whoops. ♥

Til next PDay!


♥,
Sister Ordanza

P.S
Yesterday, we went to our investigator to have a lesson and dinner appointment. They made us a traditional African meal and I brought biko for dessert and adobo for one of the main dishes. ( You gotta be proud of me, Mum! I made it!!! ;) ) We ate with our hands and it was so fun! They loved the biko and adobo btw. And this coming Saturday, we'll attend a FHE with our Filipino family here in the ward! Me and Sister Ferrell (she loves Filipino food as well) are so excited!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment