Thursday, June 12, 2014

"There is Sunshine in My Soul Today"

9 June 2014
~


Kahit sa kanta man lang, at least may sinag din ng araw dito sa Britanya. :P


Dear Family and Friends,

Hi. Hello.

Last week's really really amazing! Why? Hmmm. Lemme tell you the reason behind it. :)

Last Wednesday, me and Sister Ferrell prayed to our Heavenly Father so hard that He'll help us find someone that is ready/prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel and that we'll have the companionship of the Spirit so that someone will recognize us as representatives of Christ.

After our studies, we have an appointment at 10:30 in the morning to someone named Joan, who we met on the street last Monday.
She is an amazing lady. We were just in the Lesson 1, principle 1 (God is Our Loving Heavenly Father) when tears started to flow in her eyes. She said she felt the love of her Father in Heaven in that exact moment. We finished teaching the Restoration and she's still crying. It was one of the teaching moments that I've had that I felt the spirit so strong that I can't control my tears. Me and my companion were teary eyed as well. We invited her to be baptise on the 28th of this month and she accepted it wholeheartedly. Few minutes before we left her house, she said, in her own words, "Sisters, I know you're meant to stop me on the street that day. You don't even know how grateful I am right now. I'm so amazed how happy you both are! I love your smiles! There's something about the two of you that I can't even describe." We left her house with a big smile on our faces knowing that Heavenly Father answered the prayer that we offered before we left our flat that day.

Yesterday, Joan attended church and she loved it! She is so happy that everyone is so nice to her and she feels that she's a part of a big family. She is looking forward for her baptism!

I testify that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. I haven't appreciated prayer so much until I serve a full-time mission. Just like in a primary song, "Some say that heaven is far away, But I feel it close around me as I pray.", He is just a prayer away. He loves YOU and He wants to hear from YOU.


Pray, he is there;
Speak, he is list'ning.
You are His child;
His love now surrounds you.


Thank you for your emails and letters! Know that someone out here in England prays for all of you. I love y'all! I hope you will have an amazing and lovely week ahead.

Til next PDay!
~Sister Ordanza

P.S
Is Archie really engaged?

No comments:

Post a Comment