Monday, June 30, 2014

"Meet The Mormons"

It's kind of a big thing here in the UK now. A programme in the tele that features a young lad who is serving a full-time mission in the England Leeds Mission. Just Google it, guys. Or click this link http://www.channel4.com/programmes/meet-the-mormons/episode-guide

We received different feedback from that show, both positive and negative. There were few people who approached us and said, "I feel so sorry for you, guys. You're trapped. You can't see your family for two years? That's not nice!" I just said to them that we're not trapped and we are here in England because of our own choice, no one forced us to do this.
And yes, I left my family for eighteen months so others can be with theirs for eternity.
I'd like to bear my testimony that I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true and living church of Christ here on earth today.
I'm a daughter of God and has a divine potential that I could be with my family together with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father someday. As a woman, I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to share the restored gospel here in England. When I handed my mission papers to my branch president couple of months ago, I know that serving a mission is going to be hard. But I still opt to serve because I love my Heavenly Father so much and I love those people around me. Yes, serving a mission is hard especially in a country that is so foreign to me. But hey, you know what, I don't even care because as long as I do my best to be a consecrated missionary, I know that Heavenly Father will help me. This eighteen months will fly by, but the blessings that I will share here will be for forever. It's worth it.

I sustain President Thomas S. Monson as a prophet, seer and revelator but never ever would I worship him. I know that he is called of God and receives direct revelation from Him to guide and direct us. I am grateful for Joseph Smith. I know that he was a prophet of God and that he translated the Book of Mormon, another testament of Jesus Christ, by the power of God.

I know that these things are true and I am not going to deny it. In the name of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Family and Friends,

Hiya!
How has your week been, guys? :)

Oh my days! Mine's really great! There are loads of stuff that happened this past week. Stake conference was so amazing! I love it!

We are teaching a lady named Elaine. She is so lovely! I love her to bits! 
And I love my Relief Society president and her whole family. Gosh. I found a Mum figure here! So sorry if my email is really weird and unorganised. haha.

There's nothing to tell really. My head is spinning. lol
Transfers will be on July 16th! I'm hoping that me and Sister Ferrell will stay together  here in Kettering. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. She's the best companion! 

We will go to London this Thursday for our Zone Conference. I'll email you the details next PDay.

And oh, last Saturday, we've had zone meeting. It was great! I'll email the photo of me, Sister Ishizawa (Japan) and Sister Som (Cambodia) next week. Haha. Asians FTW! And oh, don't forget Elder Wu from Taiwan. :)

I love and miss you all!

Love,
Sister Ordanza

No comments:

Post a Comment